Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 for Masters Studies (Fully-Funded)
Applications are now open for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2020, students of low and middle income Commonwealth nations are welcomed to apply for a fully funded-funded Masters degree programme in their choice university within the commonwealth countries where the scholarships are to be hosted.
A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth. Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queen Elizabeth Foundation.
Scholarships to be taken at: See list of universities in this post.
Scholarship Type: Full-Funded Scholarship.
Scholarship level: Masters
Slots: Not Stated.
Scholarship Worth: Fully-Funded.
Subject Eligibility: All subject areas.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Students of eligible commonwealth member countries. See list.
General Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
You are eligible to apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 if you meet the following eligibility conditions;
- Be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country
- You Must Hold a Bachelors Degree (you must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application).
- There is No Upper age Limit.
- Apply to school outside your home country
- Apply to start classes in 2020 academic year (Some Universities in July-Sep & in Some Universities from February).
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
Application Procedures for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Before you begin your application, it is necessary to go through the Frequently Asked Questions about Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship. You will need to submit an application for admission to your chosen university course directly to the university in addition to completing a QECS application. On the QECS at University webpage there is guidance on where to find information and who to contact regarding university admission applications.
Note: You do not necessarily have to secure admission first before you receive offer, information on your chosen host university will guide you on the application steps. Choose/Click on any of the under-listed host university to start application.
- COMSATS University Islamabad, Pakistan
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Technology and Technology, Ghana
- Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda
- Technical University of Kenya
- The University of the West Indies
- The University of the West Indies – Climate Resilience
- University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- University of Eswatini
- The University of Ghana
- University of Nairobi, Kenya – Migration Studies
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- University of Malaya, Malaysia
- University of Mauritius
- University of Rwanda
- State University of Zanzibar, Tanzania
- University of Zambia
Document Requirements: Applicants will have to make ready their academic transcripts and degree certificate for admission purposes. Other additional documents will be dependent on your chosen university.
Application Deadline: 4pm (UCT) on 15 June 2020